Thursday, August 23, 2018

Neighborhood Views: Thursday's Reflection

Come walk with me in my neighborhood. 

Everyday I see something that surprises me, like this pumpkin patch on the curb.


Or makes me smile, like this planter.












Or warms my heart, like this simple sign of love.










Or makes me chuckle, like this toddler parking lot. I bet that's a busy household.










Or makes me remember, like this backyard full of balls. I thought about younger years when life required juggling many balls, and now in my 3rd Chapter years, I have more choice about how many balls to keep in the air at the same time.






Or makes my heart open like this welcoming front door.






And then I return home feeling more alive, blessed, and grateful.  

An Invitation
What did you see today that made you smile or laugh or feel open and blessed? I would love to know. 

7 comments:

  1. I just found your beautiful words opening up Bella Grace Magazine and had to find your blog!
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your beautiful words opening up my Bella Grace Magazine. Thank you for sharing your lovely thoughts with us. Your blog is inspiring:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After many weeks of extremely humid weather here in the Northeast, today was the first day in a long while that it was comfortable enough to sit outdoors. As I climbed onto my deck, a beautiful large butterfly buzzed around my head, as if to say “Where have you been? Come join me in the fresh air and sunshine" And so I did just that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post about the sites you see around your neighborhood. I admit, so far today I've been in such a rush that I haven't taken the time to notice any beauty. But something that did make me smile...when I was running errands, an elderly male veteran was sitting in front of the store, collecting money for Poppy Day and handing out poppies. He was cheerful and friendly and of course, I donated and then twisted the wire poppy stem around my purse handle and wore it proudly.

    ReplyDelete

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted