Thursday, September 12, 2019

Taking Care of Yourself, Part 2, Thursday's Reflection


When I wrote my post for Tuesday, September 10, I had no idea I would write Taking Care of Myself, Part 2

Today I need to take care of myself in a different way. I have a crummy cold. You know the kind--the sniffles and snorts, the wheezing and the nose-wiping, the coughs and crankiness, the sneezes and the short-attention span. You get the picture! 

Colds do end. Energy levels come back to normal. Soon I will be able to function more than a half day, but not today.

Colds require setting priorities. What do I most need to do today and can I accomplish that in a half day? 

Is this a foretaste of the things to come as I add on more years? Instead of sustaining a full day of productivity, perhaps I will need to adjust to a half-day and fill my glass only half-full. That is not easy for me to think about because I love all the things I get to do. Ideas and projects continue to sprout all round me and in many ways this stage of my life feels like my most productive and creative time.  

Perhaps having a cold is a way to practice the time ahead when the energy level is not the same as the desire to DO. 

So today I am practicing BEING in the second half of the day. 

An Invitation
What is your DOING part of the day teaching you about BEING? I would love to know. 





2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you have a cold. I haven't had one in a few years but I remember how miserable they can be. I hope you are taking good care of yourself and getting lots of rest.

    ReplyDelete

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted