Tuesday, November 26, 2019

A Gratitude List: Tuesday's Reflection

Yes, it is that time of year--the time to intentionally give thanks for my many blessings.  I try to be aware of my blessings on a daily basis, but how easy it is to take my good health and Bruce's good health for granted, along with the love of family and friends. My life is full of riches, and I am so grateful.






I am grateful for so many things--big and small. 
      * The ongoing opportunity to meet with my spiritual
         direction clients.
      * The sun pouring in through the snug's windows.
      * A bit of chocolate hidden in my desk drawer.
      * The next book waiting to be read.
      * Sunday Mornings--worship and education, greeting friends
         and welcoming those new to this time and space
      * "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me," the comedy news show on NPR. 
      *  A small neighborhood grocery store for the times I forgot to  
         get something on my list.
      *  A fresh hanky for my pocket or purse.
      *  Leftovers
      *  The new season of "The Crown" on Netflix
      *  My grandchildren who always seem happy to see me and 
          willing to share themselves. 
      *  The library's HOLD list. 
      *  A chatty email from a friend.
      *  A goodnight's rest.
      *  An idea for my next blog post.
      *  Space on the calendar.
      *  The twinkle lights around my garret window.
      *  Morning devotions. Time to pray. Time to write in my 
          journal. Time to watch the day begin.
      *  A new podcast on one of favorites, such as "What Should I 
         Read Next?"  
      *  A date for lunch with my sister or a dear friend. 
      * Our son and daughter-in-love's elderly dog does not have 
         cancer.
      *  An unexpected conversation in the grocery store with a  
         friend from church.
      *  The drive along Minnehaha Creek.
      *  My insightful spiritual director.  
      *  Walks in our neighborhood. Now I notice the changes from
          pumpkins to Christmas greens and lights. 
      *  The sound of children playing outside after school.
      *  My husband extending his hand or arm as we cross the street.  
      *  The gift of living close to family. We are here for them, and
          and they are here for us. 
      *  Preparations for the coming holidays. Yes, they are full -- but
          the fullness is more joy-filled than stress-filled. 

I know as soon as I publish this post, other blessings will fill my heart. I count you, dear readers, by the way, among my many blessings. 

Sooo... imagine me saying very loudly with great expression.

               I AM SO GRATEFUL!!!!

              Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give
              thanks and praise--then you will discover
              the fullness of life. 
                                 Br. David Stendl-Rast

An Invitation
What's on your gratitude list? I would love to know. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted