Thursday, July 26, 2018

Painful Reading: Thursday's Reflection

Instead of reading my words today, I encourage you to read an article from The Washington Post. I read it this past weekend, and I can't get it out of my mind. 

To read it, go here.

I have now read this article four times, and I have become more sick at heart with each reading. 

What do I do with these feelings of despair? I am way beyond disbelief at this stage. 

How do I find common ground with the attitudes about African Americans, immigrants, women, Muslims, and also about our president, as represented in this article? How do I recognize the beliefs and practices I hold as a Christian when others, who also call themselves Christians can say, "Love thy neighbor meant love thy American  neighbor" or welcome the stranger only refers to "the legal immigrant stranger." And what about the belief expressed by Franklin Graham, Billy Graham's son, and by others in the article that God made Trump president, "an immoral person doing moral things." 

I just don't know. 


An Invitation
I welcome your thoughts. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted