Thursday, April 23, 2020

A Quiet Moment: Thursday's Reflection

For the first time since last fall, I sat in the garden at the side of our house, a garden we call "Paris." The sun was warm--no sweater was required--and even though all was still plain and brown, I relished my return to this quiet space.

After reading for twenty minutes or so, I closed my eyes and imagined myself opening French doors from a small, but oh so chic Parisian apartment and walking out into a private square of greenery and sunshine. Traffic may be buzzing beyond the hedge, but for the moment there is only this--luxurious quiet and the bare breath of a breeze. 

I took deep cleansing breaths, in and out, and felt my shoulders relax, my scalp release its tightness, and my hands unclench. In my Paris garden there is no hurt, no pain or fear, no loss, no worries.

With my next breath I lifted my heart to all who need hope or support or reassurance. 

Welcome to my Paris garden. 

May you find solace here. 

May you feel restored. 

Here you can be gentle with yourself. Here is nourishment. 

Here your spirit is fed. 

Breathe, just breathe. 


An Invitation
Where is your Paris garden? Your place of retreat? I would love to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted