Tuesday, July 16, 2019

A Welcoming Heart: Tuesday's Reflection






                      You are all welcome here today:
            In all the beauty of languages, cultures, skin tones and 
            size that come together in your uniqueness, 
                       you are welcome here.
            In all the ways you experience and express gender,
                      you are welcome here.
           In the beauty that is who you love and how you love,
                      you are welcome here.
           Muslim, Pagan, Humanist, Jew, Christian, Buddhist...
           with all the traditions that inform your spiritual life, 
                      you are welcome here.
           No matter how long you've been away,
           nor how soon you will return, 
                     you are welcome here.
          Whether you come feeling whole, broken, or anywhere 
           in-between, 
                     you are welcome here.
          You are invited to join us with an open mind, a loving 
          heart and willing hands. 
                     We welcome you today. 

A friend who lives in Boulder sent me these opening words from the morning service at her congregation, Boulder Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship. Aren't they wonderful? I would feel welcome there, and I hope you would, too.

I invite you to make these words yours. 

                      You are welcome in my heart.
                      You are welcome in my community.
                      You are welcome 
                                     where I work,
                                     where I play,
                                     where I learn,
                                     where I live,
                                     where I worship.
                      You are welcome 
                                      in our differences,
                                      in the ways we are the same.
                      You are welcome.
            

An Invitation
How do you express welcome? I would love to know. 

NOTE: I often hear the question, "What can I do?" Here's a suggestion. Check out the website Americans of Conscience to receive a weekly email with clear, no drama scripts that empower you to speak up for:
                   * Expanding voting access
                   * Welcoming aspiring Americans
                   * Achieving equal rights for all Americans





2 comments:

All respectful and relevant comments are welcome. Potential spam and offensive comments will be deleted